- DONE 1 Player – Player against Computer (chess engine)
- DONE 2 Player on the same device
- DONE Load/Save chess game PGN file
- DONE Undo moves
- DONE Review game – replay game moves
- DONE 6 chess board themes
- DONE 6 chess piece sets
- Online multiplayer chess to play against thousands of players and grand masters online
- DONE Observe online games in realtime and learn from grand masters
- Local multiplayer between two windows 8 devices
- DONE Play/Observe several chess boards at a time e.g. Play one 1-Player match and Observe two online games simultaneously
On the start screen you can watch computer playing chess against itself.
Game Hub screen shows all available options
You can see that there are more than one games in progress 🙂
Start a chess game against the device or against another player on the same device.
Local LAN/WiFi multiplayer is coming soon to play against family/friend.
List of saved games, these games are saved in roaming storage so they will available on all your windows 8 devices – automatically synced across devices. You can resume a saved game from this screen
Right now you can watch online chess games in realtime. Playing online against anyone in the world is coming soon.
Chess match gameplay page shows player names, player moves in chess notation, chess board and captured pieces on the right. All commands have been moved to top and bottom app bar to keep the main screen for content as per metro 🙂
The game fits in all view modes as shown in the portrait view
And lets see what we have on the App Bars…
Top App Bar shows you a thumbnail of all games in progress. So you can play a match against computer, play a match against a firend, watch an online match and play an online match simultaneously. Switch between matches using the top App Bar. Please note that the thumbnails are also updated as moves occur 🙂 You can literally see progress on each match through the Top App Bar.
On Bottom App Bar, you have Undo command, Remove game (from games in progress), Save game to roaming storage, Discard game from roaming storage, Save As – save to a location of your choice e.g. SkyDrive and finally Review i.e. open the chess match in review mode where you can replay moves to see what happened.
Review game page allows you to “play” all moves in succession automatically, or you can move next and previous manually through each move
So that’s pretty much it thus far. I plan on submitting for certification next week. I have to do some styling, facelift and perf tweaking.
The following features will be delivered in the next version:
1. Ability to play online multiplayer
2. Ability to play LAN/WiFi multiplayer
3. Leaderboards / Achievements
This will be released as an ad-supported FREE game so please , please vote for this app on Apptivate.MS